Like I said, I'm horrible with patterns. So I took some sturdy placemats and actually made some cute little purses out of them.
- Find some sturdy (but cute!) placemats, embellishments, snap fasteners, and a necklace chain if you don't want a clutch
- If the placemat has a design on only one side, flip it inside out first. Then fold it in half (whatever size you want), with an extra portion a little longer at the top on one side. This will make the flap later.
- Sew the sides with a sewing machine, but stop before that extra bit at the top.
- Turn the purse inside out, attach the snap fasteners to the flap and then the purse, and decorate with stuff as you see fit
- If you want a purse strap, I just hand sewed the necklace chain into the inside of the purse.
- Promise, next time I'll take pictures as I go along. Tried to explain the best I can, but my best might still be confusing...... sowwwwwys ;)