Shops of The Month: Untwisted Sister

, 11/16/2012

Welcome fellow team FEST member Terri, from the online Etsy shop Untwisted Sister!

wire wrapped stone pendant by Untwisted Sister on Upcycle FeverWhen did you know you wanted to create and sell handmade items?
After I learned to do wire wrapping, realized I was actually pretty good at it. I couldn't possibly wear everything I made!

Where does your inspiration come from?
Often it comes from my students. They might ask me how to do something or in class someone makes a mistake I have to fix and end up with 'happy accidents'.

wire wrapped bangle bracelet by Untwisted Sister on Upcycle FeverWhat’s the most memorable custom item you’ve created?
My Egyptian bracelet with a twist which was created as a 'happy accident'.

Besides creating things, what do you do?
I'm an avid Ladies doubles tennis player. I was president of our County League with over 1800 members for 2 years and currently captain a team.

What is the most important advice anyone has given you?
Sterling Silver Tennis player earrings by Untwisted Sister on Upcycle FeverTreat your customers the way you'd want to be treated.

What is the most important advice you'd like to give to other etsy sellers?
If you enjoy what you're doing you will be successful, even if it doesn't make you wealthy.


Check out all her links, and feel free to comment below

2 Response to "Shops of The Month: Untwisted Sister"

Unknown Says:

Wow, how wonderful! I've seen bad attempts using twisted wire in jewelry and this isn't in the same galaxy with those. I'm impressed!

Gari Anne Says:

Super, thanks so much for sharing... I just love wire work!

Post a Comment